28 September 2007

The Daily Grind

Curious as to what a cuttlefish does in the day-to-day? Here are the things I have done this week:

1. I drank a two litre bottle of Strongbow Cider in the Meadows park with my best friend. I was attempting to give him the authentic Scottish experience. This was followed by quite a bit of playground playing and silly-picture taking.
2. I went to a party at which both sushi making and naked dancing occurred. I am sorry to reveal that I neither made sushi nor danced naked. I was mainly a spectator, though I did participate in more silly picture taking.
3. I won a hat and a snack in a game of pool.
4. I hosted a pizza party.
5. I watched a movie by Jan Svankmajer called 'Little Otik'. I found this movie to be delightfully strange, but not entirely satisfactory. I also watched a movie by Alejandro Jodorowsky called 'The Holy Mountain'. I found the first scene to be quite satisfactory, as well as a scene involving the destruction of a toad and chameleon circus. However, the rest of the movie was a bit too psychedelic cheese for my taste.
6. I put my best friend on a bus to an airport to go back to the place where he lives and promptly had a total meltdown, after which I stayed in bed for the better part of several days.
7. I went to a contemporary dance performance at the Festival Theatre, which was incredibly lousy, the only redeeming qualities being that I got in for free and that there were some very fit male dancers to look at. Oh, I also had a couple free glasses of cranberry juice.
8. I went to a hipster concert in Glasgow featuring a band from Portland, Oregon called 'Menomena'. They had very nice posters inspired by the film, 'The Neverending Story' which is a good film. I participated in a conversation with the guitarist/keyboard player during which the following topics were discussed: the evolution of language; the existence of an ancient and tiny race of humans; the film 'The Neverending Story'. I also got drunk on Mexican beer and then took a cab back to Edinburgh with five other people because we missed the last bus and the last train.
9. I went to an introduction meeting at my college, had a little bit of a breakdown, kicked a wall, threw my coat down a flight of stairs, and in the end stacked six tables and eight chairs on top of each other in the middle of a large room. That last bit made me feel a little better. Nice symmetry I had going, too bad I didn't bring a camera.

Now you know.

No comments: