28 February 2008

DDLing

So, on a bit of a Daniel Day-Lewis high this week, I decided to watch Last of the Mohicans, which I'd never seen. Yeah, it's not really that great -- I mean, it's entertaining, don't get me wrong. But it's not, like, goood. It does, however, have the best canoe chase scene in all of cinema history.

Also, I've come to the conclusion, after this and The Unbearable Lightness of Being which I watched a few weeks ago, that Daniel Day-Lewis only really shines when he's either got an Irish accent or a huge mustache. Fair play -- I'm becoming more and more convinced of the inherent power of a good mustache (on a side note, that's musTACHE, not MUStache). I think all men capable of growing a big mustache should do so, immediately, and should kick themselves for living so long without one.

in summary:

good







not so good















very, very good

1 comment:

Marc Gibson said...

Indeed, the unmoustachioed have no idea what they are missing; your masculinity quotient will go through the roof while you will, simultaneously, be associating with a classic, respected, and eroticized, tradition of characteristically male culture. Grow one for God's sake.