25 October 2006

signal to noise

signal to noise

watched a lars von trier film called 'Epidemic' several nights ago. in it there was a discussion of a toothpaste brand called 'Signal,' which I was unfamiliar with. following night I noticed one of my flatmates has a 'Signal' brand toothbrush, with the same characteristic red and white stripes as the toothpaste. wonder if reading too much Jung and pk Dick is influencing my perceptions of coincidences/synchronicities, or just being in an unfamiliar environment means things are closer to the front of my consciousness...

was it fate? or was it convenience?

hemmingway said this: It is easy to be hardboiled in the daytime, but at night it is another thing.

it is daytime now.

last night, while unsuccessfully attempting sleep, I came up with these dichotomies:

Cynic vs Romantic
Anxiety vs Curiosity

I meant to have a long list before I finished, but I only got those two.

I have to edit a video of squirrels now. Any suggestions for a suitable soundtrack will be greatly appreciated.

No comments: