08 November 2006

provide me with some logic

On Monday I met an amazing girl (woman? lady? chick? lass? female? broad?). She is strong and well spoken, sharp and witty, all while being incredibly feminine in a completely natural way. I met her boyfriend first, a few weeks back, and was so impressed with him that when I first met this amazing woman, I thought, "so she's the lucky one!" Within twenty minutes, this had reversed itself completely. "How did HE get so lucky?!"

This woman, when asked what she wanted from a man, had this to say: "I need someone who will gently, but firmly, provide me with some logic." POETRY, I exclaim now from the silence of my fingertips.

9:58 PM

defrag my mind

Remember "defragging"? As in, "I need to defrag my harddrive so Windows 95 will stop crashing every 20 seconds"? Or, "I need to get some sleep so I can process the day and defrag my mind"? Long evenings of conversation lead to insomnia and thus, the mind is not properly defragged. I am running on a highly fragmented system, and will therefore not be held responsible. Proper care of the OS is essential, fool.

Spent a little time last night writing a narrative of the first time I was kissed, back in my freshman year of college. An hour after I wrote it, I learned that the boy who kissed me first is getting married in a week. "Jesus," I said, "I was just Thinking about him!" "Jesus," I said to my self, "Jesus."

As Steve has so helpfully informed me, Guy Fawkes day is a celebration of a man who blew up Parliament. Or, more accurately, a celebration of the killing of a man who blew up Parliament. In honor of the day, Scots (and I imagine the rest of Britain as well) set off excessive amounts of fireworks before burning Guy Fawkes in effigy. Good fun. From the top floor of the graduate studios at Inverleith, I could watch the entire Old Town skyline, where lovely colors exploded in the night south from Holyrood to north of the castle. It was an incredibly mesmerizing display. Failed to locate any burning effigies, unfortunately.

No comments: